Pebble Tec, Pebble Fina, or Pebble Sheen?

Sep 21, 2013
We are currently planning the construction of our new pool in South Florida, and are looking for any member's experience with Pebble Tec versus the Pebble Fina and Pebble Sheen products. We realize these are all products from the same company. We were all set to go with Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze (recommended by our PB), but then our architect and builder told us it is "too rough, go with Pebble Fina." Our PB strongly recommended against Pebble Fina due to poor outcomes from several of their recent pool construction projects. Our PB is a high end installer, so I value their opinion. Now we are totally confused by the mixed messages from these highly qualified individuals. Our pool will be used by adults and small children. I have read that a 2-day Pebble Tec install (instead of a 1 day) will lead to a smoother finish, and the current Pebble Tec materials are now much smoother than several years ago. We are definitely planning on using the original products from the company, and not knock offs.

Last, if anyone has the Pebble Tec Tropical Breeze finish, are you satisfied with it? We are expecting the color to be a deeper blue, with very little (preferably no!) green tint. Please let us know if we picked the right color, or if we should consider another one!

Your thoughts?
Thanks!

When I checked out tec back in 06 I felt it would tear people up. I liked sheen much better and I don't remember a fina back then. Didn't end up going with any 'pebble ' in the end anyhow.
Go see some of their completed builds with different finishes so you can choose what is best for you.

Most aggregate finishes are "two day" installs because the second day is reserved for Acid Washing. This also includes the "knock offs" as you call them. Days to install have nothing to do with how smooth they are, it's all about what the components are, and how smooth they are to begin with. Of course the skill and attention of the installer comes into play as well.

PebbleTec has been around longer, but there are products just as good if not better than PT. Wet Edge being one of them. If you want smooth and have the money, go with a polished aggregate finish. Very pricy, but very nice and smooth. There are pros and cons to all finishes, but looking at samples and finished projects (as advised above) will get you where you want to be.

We have had a Pebbletec pool for eight years now. We are happy with the finish.

It doesn't seem that rough! Just a good non slip surface. Our previous pool was a traditional plaster finish and if you scraped against it with bare skin it was just as rough as the pebble finish. We did tile the seats in the spa, because my wife was concerned about what sitting on the pebble finish woul do to bathing suits.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.