help with new build concrete

Sep 14, 2013
[attachment=1:adiqcbqd]DSC_1930.JPG[/attachment:adiqcbqd][attachment=0:adiqcbqd]DSC_1931.JPG[/attachment:adiqcbqd]Hello, We are having our first pool build and I have questions with the concrete application. We ordered a shotcrete pool from a local builder. Unfortunately, the only place for the pool contained a lot of fill, and we had to dig down to virgin soil and compact up in lifts. The builder put up outside forms and had a crew stack the concrete instead of shoot. He said this was because the forms would not hold up to shot concrete. The day the crew was here was one of the hottest most miserable days of the year. My concern is the quality of the stacked concrete looks bad (although I don't know much about concrete. I will attach pics. Also, the PB just cut two rectangles in the concrete. Can someone tell their purpose. Thanks for your help.[attachment=0:adiqcbqd]DSC_1931.JPG[/attachment:adiqcbqd]

Attachments

• DSC_1933.JPG
    DSC_1933.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_1930.JPG
    DSC_1930.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_1931.JPG
    DSC_1931.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 109
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.