Intex sand filter not catching debris when vacuuming

Sep 16, 2013
I have a intex pump and when I vacuum the pool it does not filter through the pump. The water that comes out back into the pool is the same brownish green stuff that is on the bottom of the pool. I have back washed it and rinsed several times and it seems like it is not filtering through the sand in the pump. Basically when I vacuum it, it just flows right back in the pool. I have a intex 1600 gph and the vacuum hoses are hooked up through the skimmer. When I first got the Intex last year, it worked great and it filtered through the sand when I vacuumed it and the water came out clear. My pool was way worse last year when I vacuumed it. Please help. I dont know what else to do. Its the pump flows great and has powerful flow, its just not filtering through the sand. Oh yeah, I also changed out the sand and put new sand in it, thinking that was the problem and it still did not make it any better. Please help

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.