Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump Not Turning on - Aqua Logic Board

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump Not Turning on - Aqua Logic Board

My pump stopped working so i got another and hooked it up to find it was still not turnning on.

I contacted an electrician to see if it was the Aqua Logic board . He tested the voltage going to the pump and determined it was not 240V. He recommended i get a new board at a cost of $2880 - Yikes!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this type of problem with a Goldline Aqua Logic board?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Frank

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump Not Turning on - Aqua Logic Board

I replaced a board on my Aqua Logic system when the component that controls electricity to the SWG fried for $300-$400. I know the board also controls the functions of the pumps, but unless he wants to replace everything, that estimate is way too high. I ordered the board through Amazon and with little skill (but lots of patience) I completed the job in an hour or so. Did he give you a breakdown of parts and labor? Can you identify which component he wants to replace?
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the reply - no breakdown just a quote for a new board and electrical hookup -

Does Amazon still sell the board?

Quote Originally Posted by flintstone
    I replaced a board on my Aqua Logic system when the component that controls electricity to the SWG fried for $300-$400. I know the board also controls the functions of the pumps, but unless he wants to replace everything, that estimate is way too high. I ordered the board through Amazon and with little skill (but lots of patience) I completed the job in an hour or so. Did he give you a breakdown of parts and labor? Can you identify which component he wants to replace?

4. Back To Top    #4

What model of the aqua logic system do you have? And, when you say, "electric hookup," what is it that the electrician will be doing?
    20K inground gunite w/ Aqua Logic automation and chlorination Sta-Rite 400 K natural gas heater and cartridge filter 2 HP pump 1.5 HP spa bubbler for spillover spa 1 HP dedicated Letro Legend cleaner
    H2O: two parts Heart and one part Obsession. ~Author Unknown

5. Back To Top    #5

thanks for the reply - how do I tell which model? - I can't seem to find anything on the outside of the unit.

not actually sure what the electrician is doing as he didn't give me a detail estimate - I assume that he was pricing to replace entire motherboard and hook everything back up.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

From the price it's almost as though he's replacing everything thus giving you a whole new system. What you are probably looking for is the part GLX-PCB-MAIN. And yes you can find it on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-PCB-M ... B0030E95PO
    Paul
    http://www.gastekservices.com A word of caution: When working with gas and electrical you might want to consider a licensed contractor. Consider the value of your life and others around you. If you would like to provide a review of the help I provided, please use the following link to leave a review. gastek - Google Search,

7. Back To Top    #7

thanks - ordered it on Saturday hoping to get and install it today-

Quote Originally Posted by ps0303
    From the price it's almost as though he's replacing everything thus giving you a whole new system. What you are probably looking for is the part GLX-PCB-MAIN. And yes you can find it on Amazon, http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-GLX-PCB-M ... B0030E95PO