What should I do differently this time?

bgcole

Jul 5, 2013
Last time I opened my pool the water level was about an inch below my mesh safety cover. A lot of water was behind my liner.

Last time I lowered it to about two inches above my light.

Do you guys with a safety cover pump mid year to lower it?

I'm in Rochester NY. So it gets really cold.

I've considered getting a tarp cover but the mesh cover is so easy.......

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

121 views but no replies...maybe my question isn't clear.

I'm just wondering how those with mesh safety covers regulate and monitor water level throughout the winter since water goes through cover. Or maybe you do nothing.

Last time though my pool was filled to the deck when I took off the cover and it was bad.

Ben

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

I live in New England an monitor the level so that it stays 18" below the deck at all times before the freeze. I siphon the water out with a simple garden hose. Start the siphon by putting one end of the hose into the pool and connect the other to your outdoor faucet and turn on the water. Once the hose is filled, carefully remove the hose from the faucet while holding your hand over it to keep the siphon air locked. Then move the end you just removed to lower ground. The water will flow out by gravity.

OR

Use a small pump. That's a pain though.

Then in the spring, as soon as it thaws, i do the same to lower the water (maybe not down to 18" below the deck though, it depends on how much rain and when I will open the pool).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.