Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What should I do differently this time?

1. Back To Top    #1

What should I do differently this time?

Last time I opened my pool the water level was about an inch below my mesh safety cover. A lot of water was behind my liner.

Last time I lowered it to about two inches above my light.

Do you guys with a safety cover pump mid year to lower it?

I'm in Rochester NY. So it gets really cold.

I've considered getting a tarp cover but the mesh cover is so easy.......

16x32 in-ground vinyl liner, 17,500 gallons, sand filter, 2 outlets, BBB method, 8+ hours of daily sun, hayward super pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What should I do differently this time?

121 views but no replies...maybe my question isn't clear.

I'm just wondering how those with mesh safety covers regulate and monitor water level throughout the winter since water goes through cover. Or maybe you do nothing.

Last time though my pool was filled to the deck when I took off the cover and it was bad.

Ben

16x32 in-ground vinyl liner, 17,500 gallons, sand filter, 2 outlets, BBB method, 8+ hours of daily sun, hayward super pump

3. Back To Top    #3

I've seen so many people in here complaint about opening swamps after using mesh covers. I'd personally stay away. They let a lot of **** in.
    25,000 Gallons Inground, Gunite
    DE, Hayward Filter
    Loud pump
    Hayward navigator cleaner, leaf hose suction

4. Back To Top    #4

I live in New England an monitor the level so that it stays 18" below the deck at all times before the freeze. I siphon the water out with a simple garden hose. Start the siphon by putting one end of the hose into the pool and connect the other to your outdoor faucet and turn on the water. Once the hose is filled, carefully remove the hose from the faucet while holding your hand over it to keep the siphon air locked. Then move the end you just removed to lower ground. The water will flow out by gravity.

OR

Use a small pump. That's a pain though.

Then in the spring, as soon as it thaws, i do the same to lower the water (maybe not down to 18" below the deck though, it depends on how much rain and when I will open the pool).
    TF-100 Test kit, 24,000 gal. free form Vinyl. mybluepool AC-600 SWG, STA-RITE S7MD60 DE filter, 3/4 HP STA-RITE MPRA6D pump, Polaris 280 w/booster, Raypack Propane heater, Looplock mesh cover; All located in New England.

5. Back To Top    #5

I do what run53 does. A garden hose is your friend when the pump is removed. Or you can buy a little elec. pump and pump it out.

Use the hose.
    19,000 gal - Vinyl IG - Sand filter -1.5hp. - Taylor k 2006 - Loop Loc cover