Newbie here with green water issues...

Sep 20, 2013
Hello everyone, Newbie here to the forum and you can say a newbie as a pool owner also. Hopefully Im in the right spot to ask this question for the seasoned vets.

I am in my second year as a pool owner, I have a 24 foot round above ground pool, and was set up with prestine blue. The pool company said how easy prestine blue was and trouble free. Well last year there were no issues at all, I added the chemicals every two weeks like directed and closed it and opened it up this spring with no problems at all. Then about a month ago I noticed my pool water turning green like all of a sudden, I tested with the test strips and both the alk and ph were VERY low, so I vacumed the pool shocked with prestine power and added some alk up and the water cleared right up for about two weeks.

After the two weeks I noticed the water starting to turn green again and theres like a green algee slime growing on the lower side and floor of the pool. I called the folks that open and close the pool but all the guy could tell me is to add chlorine granular at a pound a day but thats all he could tell me because he is out of town and cant get to my house to close the pool until the second week in october.

The test strips are showing very low ph and alk again. So does anyone here that uses prestine blue ever have this problem and have a clue how to fix it? The pool company told me to bring in a water sample but they are over an hour away, was wondering if theres anything I can do in the mean time to test or solve the issue without having to drive so far??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.