Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pool Build - Orlando, FL - Completed!

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool Build - Orlando, FL - Completed!

Now it's my turn!

Pool Builder: Atlas Pools

Specs:
    Custom Freeform Pool
    17 x 29 ft
    Depth 3-5 ft
    85 ft perimeter
    Approx 13,930 gallons

6.8 x 6.8 Spa w/ stacked stone around Spa

Flagstone Coping

AquaPearl Mini Gray Harbor Finish
    12" Raised deck area
    4 bar stools
    Rock grotto waterfall

1025 sqft brick paver decking
    Screen Enclosure

Pentair VS 3050 Pool Pump
    Pentair WhisperFlow for Water Features
    Pentair Intelliclor 40
    Pentair EasyTouch 8 w/ ScreenLogic2
    Pentair Clean & Clear filter
    Pentair MasterTemp 400

Pentair Laminars (2)
    Pentair Color LED Bubbler (1)
    Pentair Color LED Pool Light (1)

Beach Ball (1)

Digging started yesterday and steel going in today. Will take some pics in a few hours.

What the waterfall feature should look like
    Last edited by jblizzle; 02-14-2014 at 01:06 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New Pool Build - Orlando, FL

Welcome to the forum.

All of us love "watching" pool builds. Keep us posted.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pool Build - Orlando, FL

Looks great!! Keep the pictures coming!!
    38'x24' freeform IG gunite, 26k gallons, 3.5' - 7'
    8t Moss rock waterfall with gunite slide
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: New Pool Build - Orlando, FL (Updated 9/24/13)

Dig and Steel completed this past Thursday and Friday. We had our first inspection yesterday and passed. Gunite should be happening this week. Moving along nicely!

5. Back To Top    #5

What is the spa size and how many jets? My build is similar, Grotto, spa, etc.

thanks,,

carl

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by carlb
    What is the spa size and how many jets? My build is similar, Grotto, spa, etc.

thanks,,

carl
    6.8 ft x 6.8 ft with four jets.

They came yesterday to add the jet plumbing to the spa

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice

Have you ordered your test kit yet?
    21,000 gallon inground
    Haywood Sand Filter
    Vinyl Liner

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by ship of fools
    Very nice

Have you ordered your test kit yet?
    Not yet! On the list of things to buy

9. Back To Top    #9

Thanks. Mine is 5.4 x 7.6 and 6 jets. Should have gone with 4 jets. time will tell.

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome to tfp, liquix

[s:9vb9fkyc]For your 24000 gallon pool, we would recommend a minimum cartridge filter of 354 sq. ft. I am fairly certain the largest "clean and clear" is only 200 sq. ft. However, the "clean and clear plus" model has filters as large as 520 sq. ft.[/s:9vb9fkyc]linen edit: Turns out liquix's pool is ~14000 gallons...see details below

Also, I might consider stepping up to the IC60 at this point. Our recommendation is to size the swg 1.5-3 times the pool size, and if it was my new build I would rather be closer to 3.

I would skip the beach ball, they tend to add too much fun

That looks like a beautiful area behind the pool! Any chance you might have gators as visitors
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Welcome to tfp, liquix

For your 24000 gallon pool, we would recommend a minimum cartridge filter of 354 sq. ft. I am fairly certain the largest "clean and clear" is only 200 sq. ft. However, the "clean and clear plus" model has filters as large as 520 sq. ft.

Also, I might consider stepping up to the IC60 at this point. Our recommendation is to size the swg 1.5-3 times the pool size, and if it was my new build I would rather be closer to 3.

I would skip the beach ball, they tend to add too much fun

That looks like a beautiful area behind the pool! Any chance you might have gators as visitors
    Very good suggestions, going to call the PB now to upgrade both.

We just built the house and moved so we haven't seen any gators... yet. You never know around here though

12. Back To Top    #12

On the grotto - I had them add a little shelf inside so a drink could be set down. Depends how the grotto is formed/faced on the inside but it was easy for them to add.

On the gallons of the pool - circa 24,000 doesn't seem right to me. Is that a typo and it should actually be nearly 14,000 gallons (even if it was rectangular at 29x17x4' (I assumed middle depth) it would be closer to 14,000 gallons).
    I make this observation as linens comments are in relation to the gallon amount.
    SWCG, 2 x 2.7hp Hayward Tristar pumps, booster pump, 425 sqft cartridge, 400,000 BTU heater, Polaris Black Max 280, ProLogic PS8 & Aquapod

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by cbink
    On the grotto - I had them add a little shelf inside so a drink could be set down. Depends how the grotto is formed/faced on the inside but it was easy for them to add.

On the gallons of the pool - circa 24,000 doesn't seem right to me. Is that a typo and it should actually be nearly 14,000 gallons (even if it was rectangular at 29x17x4' (I assumed middle depth) it would be closer to 14,000 gallons).
    I make this observation as linens comments are in relation to the gallon amount.
    Ah, you are right! It's a typo. I meant to put 13,930 gallons. I'll update the post.

Good call on the drink shelf, they are shooting gunite now so I will see if it can be added.

14. Back To Top    #14

Mine was added after gunite when they faced the grotto with stone.

15. Back To Top    #15

That's exactly what they told me. I'll tell the stone guy.

16. Back To Top    #16

Gunite is complete!

It's crazy that last Tuesday this was just grass.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by liquix
    That's exactly what they told me. I'll tell the stone guy.
    Great. The stone they faced the grotto with was like 4-6" thick, so they just left out a piece and faced it with a thinner piece of flagstone and chose a rock with a flat top and set a thin piece of flat flagstone on top of the rock so that it was level and flat.

You can see it in the photo below on the LHS of the grotto - I didn't have them make it very big, but it'll fit a couple of cans or mugs on it.

The gunite looks good. It's crazy the transformation at that stage. I will warn you though, it does slow down during the plumbing/stonework stages...

18. Back To Top    #18

Ah, you are right! It's a typo. I meant to put 13,930 gallons. I'll update the post.

Good call on the drink shelf, they are shooting gunite now so I will see if it can be added.
    Good catch cblink

For a 14000 gallon pool, we would recommend a minimum 210 sq. ft. cartridge filter, though you really can't go too big with a cartridge filter. Just out of curiousity, why did you choose a cartridge filter?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

19. Back To Top    #19

Good catch cblink

For a 14000 gallon pool, we would recommend a minimum 210 sq. ft. cartridge filter, though you really can't go too big with a cartridge filter. Just out of curiousity, why did you choose a cartridge filter?
    I wouldn't normally have noticed except mine started off at 24,000 gallons and is 38'x24' with depths of 3.5'-7' so I figured one of them was out which led to me checking this and my own calcs! I think mine's closer to 26,000 now it's built (I had no accurate way to measure but flow rate and fill time lead me to believe it's about that).

20. Back To Top    #20

Good catch cblink

This is what the PB chose and usually installs. Is there a better option for my pool?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast