Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: no more brush vac etc

1. Back To Top    #1

no more brush vac etc

Hi

So have the winter cover on and running pump 6hr q day. Chemistries are fine as per TFP.

So now no more brushing and vacuuming, true?

Just watch chemistries, clean baskets, remove water as it rains, backwash, true?

Thanks.
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: no more brush vac etc

Why not just winterize the pool?
    20000 Gallon, Sand Filter, IG Plaster, Hayward Aqua Rite 40k SWG, TF-100 Test Kit, Taylor SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3

I wondered about that but don't know what it means. I guess time to read up on TFP. Thank you.
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

So now no more brushing and vacuuming, true?
    Depends. If you put a cover on it, then no, If you leave the pool open all winter then you should maintain the pool just like you always do. You can have your chemistry right, but mechanical cleaning and removal of debris is a 12-month operation......just somewhat less of it in the off-season.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Checked with my local pool guy, the one I trust. He say

in the Pacific NW rarely freezes and rains a lot refilling the pool so most just cover, turn the pump to less frequent and remove water when too high

do not know enough to debate the topic myself