This will be our first year closing a pool. I want to put the cover on tomorrow and let the SWG run a few hours a day until the water gets cold enough to completely close. The main reason I want to close now is because of all the leaves and junk that will continually get blown into the pool without me being able to get in and clean it. The water temp was 76 today and I'm not sure if I can go much lower. I think 74 would be my limit.
My questions are:
1. Should I add the poly60 tomorrow before I put the cover on?
2. PH is 7.7 today. Should I lower it?
3. Does it matter if I have the air pillow in place with the pump running?
4. CYA is lower than recommended, is this ok until Spring? We had so much rain this summer that I constantly had to drain the pool. Only once all summer did I need to add any water.
5. Is it ok to collect water for testing from the skimmer? We will have to put the cover on tight because we get a lot of wind.
6. When the temp gets to 60, can I use the super chlorinate option on the SWG to get it at shock level? Thanks to pool school I have never used this option.
Sorry for so many questions. They may sound dumb, but I want to make sure I do everything right.
Salt Level 3200
Thanks for your help,