Leak & equipment question

Jan 31, 2011
I have confirmed my inground gunite pool is leaking. Lost almost an inch each of the last 2 days. 1st night I noticed the major drop, I turned the pumps off and let it sit 24 hours. No noticeable drop happened. Last night I filled it back up and ran the pumps at night, lost close to an inch. When I got the pumps running last night, I went to the front of the house where I assume it drains when I backflush (goose neck pvc into an open pvc pipe) and didn't see a drop of water falling. I don't know where the water could be going. There is a plug after the valve for the backflush so I took that out today turned the pumps on and no water coming out, see picture.
[attachment=1:yk46orq0]DSCN2030.JPG[/attachment:yk46orq0]

I don't know where else that water could go, the yard isn't wet at all.

A separate question, I'm not sure how to work the valves in my pool. I have an attached spa and waterfall. I tried to isolate the skimmers by closing the valves on the bottom, that didn't seem to work.

[attachment=0:yk46orq0]DSCN2028.JPG[/attachment:yk46orq0]

Attachments

• DSCN2030.JPG
    DSCN2030.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN2028.JPG
    DSCN2028.JPG
    356.1 KB · Views: 31
Did you run a bucket test with the pump on and with it off?
In the picture the left most suction valve is set to draw water from the right side only.
Do you know what the left most line coming out of the ground is?

The other 3 valves are set to draw water from the bottom and right sides.
Which way dod you turn the handles when you tried to shut them off?
In which order did you try them?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.