installing in wall LED lights in vinyl pool

gerryf

Sep 5, 2013
First post for me! I am in the middle of a complete rebuild of my steel walled vinyl pool - outside of Toronto, Canada. This type of construction is very common around here (as it is across N.A. I beleive). I just ordered some LED lights from New Zealand and I believe the installation is pretty straight forward - exactly like installing the outlet jets - drill a hole the correct size and tighten it up. The lights come with two silicone seals similar to the jets - it seals on the vinyl. They say there's no niche required and I agree. It is 12V. Link to the lights is below.
I plan on using ABS (poly) pipe to house the wires in and run them to a junction box (installing 2) and then junction box to transformer. What's the big deal? Am I missing something here with the niche? This looks like a good design light to me - in cased in resin, small and dead simple to install. I'm not a pool installer just an extreme do-it-yourselfer. Let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OC:CA:3160

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.