Liquidator Fill Level Help

Mar 18, 2008
Garden State
I posted this within another post at the time the upgrades were being done so I think it may have been missed or I may not have seen replies, either way, forgive me if this is a duplicate...

After running for a few weeks with the Liquidator I have noticed that the I am at a flow of 3. I would prefer to be closer to 5 as I have a higher CYA level (70) and thus need to be adding more chlorine. I can reach 5 if the level of the water / bleach mixture is fairly high, however I am not able to maintain that height.

Has anyone seen this issue before and made any modifications to their floats to fix it (if I hold the IN float down so the tank fills up another inch or so I am able to reach 5)?

Thanks!
Eric

I would prefer to be closer to 5 as I have a higher CYA level (70) and thus need to be adding more chlorine.
Hey, Eric,
Off the subject of your question, but a higher CYA level should result in less chlorine use. CYA's of 20-30 offer protection from UV but 40-80 offers a lot more. That said, don't be in a hurry to overstabilize because it's so hard to get rid of it.

Have you tried removing the check valves? How about removing the flow control valve?

I'm still learning this apparatus but it seem like a larger flow control valve is the first improvement I would suggest to the manufacturer.

Dave:

Thanks for the reply as usual.

Unfortunately due to all the products used by the service company that used to do my pool I have a CYA of 70. Periodically I will drain some off and re-fill, however now that I got my temperature up I hate to add too much very cold well water :-D .

I am somewhat new to the whole what changes what so I could be incorrect on the high CYA requiring a higher CL level. When I plugged my numbers:

FC/TC 8 (CC 0)
pH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 70

into the pool calculator it said my CL should be 5-10 so I have been going with that.

If I change the CYA to 30 it drops the require CL level to 2-6. This is what I was referring to as the high CL level I needed. I suppose once I am at that level (which I am now) I wouldn't need to add more than if I was at the 2-6 if that is what was required, and actually probably woud need to add more then with a lower CYA level holdig the CL...wow, that was quite a ramble of thoughts :)

I have removed both check valves, but have not removed the flow control valve, I can try that. It seems that the flow out of the tank is fine if the liquid level is high enough to support it.

Thanks!
Eric

I suppose once I am at that level (which I am now) I wouldn't need to add more than if I was at the 2-6 if that is what was required, and actually probably woud need to add more then with a lower CYA level holdig the CL...wow, that was quite a ramble of thoughts
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, too.

You will need to add more Cl to get to the desired level but, then, will consume less than now once you get there

pooltime said:
Dave:

Thanks for the reply as usual.

Unfortunately due to all the products used by the service company that used to do my pool I have a CYA of 70. Periodically I will drain some off and re-fill, however now that I got my temperature up I hate to add too much very cold well water :-D .

I am somewhat new to the whole what changes what so I could be incorrect on the high CYA requiring a higher CL level. When I plugged my numbers:

FC/TC 8 (CC 0)
pH 7.5
TA 90
CYA 70

into the pool calculator it said my CL should be 5-10 so I have been going with that.

If I change the CYA to 30 it drops the require CL level to 2-6. This is what I was referring to as the high CL level I needed. I suppose once I am at that level (which I am now) I wouldn't need to add more than if I was at the 2-6 if that is what was required, and actually probably woud need to add more then with a lower CYA level holdig the CL...wow, that was quite a ramble of thoughts :)

I have removed both check valves, but have not removed the flow control valve, I can try that. It seems that the flow out of the tank is fine if the liquid level is high enough to support it.

Thanks!
Eric

Removing the flow control valve made a noticeable difference for me. I replaced it yesterday with a flow control valve with a larger diameter and it has worked better than the the original.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.