Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to me - great singer

1. Back To Top    #1
    Missouri City (suburb of Houston, TX)

New to me - great singer

Have you ever come across an artist and just wondered, 'How did I miss hearing of this person for so long?'

I recently had the song "The Story" by Brandi Carlile recommended to me - WOW, what an amazing talent. Apparently, this song was featured on Grey's Anatomy and got some notoriety there - personally not a fan of the show.

Anyway, I bought just the one song and after listening about a dozen times today along, went ahead and got the rest of the album. It's all good.

She says one of her influences was Patsy Cline - I can hear it.

Here's a link to the vide of the song on Youtube:
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

pacific nw

Re: New to me - great singer

i agree she's great, fresh, unpredictable..but a bit of old soul mixed in as well..i saw a video of hers about a year ago (different song) but i couldn't remember her name to down load it..thanks for jogging my memory! also recently heard john hiatt's "my baby blue" for the 1st time..its older but cannot get that song out of my head.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New to me - great singer

I like her, too. One of the DJ's on Sirius yesterday was talking about how she's 'Americana'...lives at the end of a dirt road in Washington, in a log cabin she was born in. Her parents live at the other end of the road and they live off the land. Pretty cool. I like her song "Wasted".
    No Cover Charge
    17,000 gal IG w/ raised 8' spillover spa, 3M plaster, 10' stainless rain WF, Pentair SAM lights, Sta-Rite Sys3 cart. filter, Intellichlor SWG, 400kBTU Gas Heater, Paramount IF Cleaners, ET-8 Wireless Remote