The Circulator

Welcome to TFP.

There have been a very few reports about them and most of them couldn't tell a difference in the water circulation.
What type and size pool do you have?
What size and type pump and filter do you have?

Welcome to tfp, fannd :wave:

I agree with bama, you should have no problem, even on low with circulation. I run mine on low most the time and still have a noticeable circular current in the pool.

In addition to bama's question, how do you have your eyeball jet pointed?

Find out for use a model number on your pump.

Another thing that sometimes causes an issue is a dirty filter causing a large reduction in flow rate. What is your clean filter pressure? What is your pressure now?

fannd said:
Not sure what you mean? diameter of it?
bama means what is the orifice size of the jet. For example, mine is 3/4 inch.

I am just guessing on the diameter, probably about 1.5 ". I dont think i have a circulation problem, was just wanting to know if anyone had used the circulator before. There are 2 eyeballs, one is pointed down and one is at an angle upwards, kinda makes a ripple on the surface. I have not had much trouble this summer with my pool being clear until just last week, it had little patches of green on the bottom, so i have been adding bleach, 1 gallon at a time over the last day or two, have brushed it down, and vacumed and backwashed. I have just been testing the water with a kit that used yellow and red drops (FC & PH). FC was bright yellow, high, a couple days ago when i checked it, but my water is cloudy. Not sure what i need to do now. Have on occasion taken water sample to pool store. UGH.

Sounds like you're ok on circulation.

What you need to do now is do some reading in Pool School and learn how to properly manage your pool. You also need to orer a good test kit.
How do you normally chlorinate your pool?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bama Rambler said:
Sounds like you're ok on circulation.

What you need to do now is do some reading in Pool School and learn how to properly manage your pool. You also need to orer a good test kit.
How do you normally chlorinate your pool?

I use regular bleach mostly.

Typically you only need to use it at the beginning of the season. It is normally labeled as "stabilizer" and/or "conditioner" and the ingredients should be listed as close to/at 100% cyanuric acid. It can be bought many places, including home centers, hardware stores, pool stores, and walmarts.

Unless you have a Saltwater chlorine generator (swg), you want your cya level 30-50 ppm. Be warned, trichlor and dichlor also raise cya, and it can get out of control fast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.