Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The Circulator

1. Back To Top    #1

The Circulator

Does anyone have experience with using "the circulator" it is a boosting return - jet nozzle replacement? Supposed to help with circulating the water.
    AG 24' ( Columbia PL30-6 sand filter), 2hp 2 sp pump, cholorine, Tennessee
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The Circulator

Welcome to TFP.

There have been a very few reports about them and most of them couldn't tell a difference in the water circulation.
    What type and size pool do you have?
    What size and type pump and filter do you have?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a 24 x 52 AGP, 2 speed pump, ? h.p. and sand filter.
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

In that pool you shouldn't have any issue at all with circulation using a normal eyeball even on low. What size eyeball do you have?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

5. Back To Top    #5

Not sure what you mean? diameter of it?
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, the inside diameter?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to tfp, fannd

I agree with bama, you should have no problem, even on low with circulation. I run mine on low most the time and still have a noticeable circular current in the pool.

In addition to bama's question, how do you have your eyeball jet pointed?

Find out for use a model number on your pump.

Another thing that sometimes causes an issue is a dirty filter causing a large reduction in flow rate. What is your clean filter pressure? What is your pressure now?

Quote Originally Posted by fannd
    Not sure what you mean? diameter of it?
    bama means what is the orifice size of the jet. For example, mine is 3/4 inch.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

8. Back To Top    #8

I am just guessing on the diameter, probably about 1.5 ". I dont think i have a circulation problem, was just wanting to know if anyone had used the circulator before. There are 2 eyeballs, one is pointed down and one is at an angle upwards, kinda makes a ripple on the surface. I have not had much trouble this summer with my pool being clear until just last week, it had little patches of green on the bottom, so i have been adding bleach, 1 gallon at a time over the last day or two, have brushed it down, and vacumed and backwashed. I have just been testing the water with a kit that used yellow and red drops (FC & PH). FC was bright yellow, high, a couple days ago when i checked it, but my water is cloudy. Not sure what i need to do now. Have on occasion taken water sample to pool store. UGH.
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

9. Back To Top    #9

Sounds like you're ok on circulation.

What you need to do now is do some reading in Pool School and learn how to properly manage your pool. You also need to orer a good test kit.
    How do you normally chlorinate your pool?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by fannd
    I have not had much trouble this summer with my pool being clear until just last week, it had little patches of green on the bottom

You need to do the SLAM process. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...king_your_pool

Post a full set of test results. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-...efore_you_post
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    Sounds like you're ok on circulation.

What you need to do now is do some reading in Pool School and learn how to properly manage your pool. You also need to orer a good test kit.
    How do you normally chlorinate your pool?

I use regular bleach mostly.
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

You're well on the way then!
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler
    You're well on the way then!

Tell me about CYA, like how often to use and what kind and where to purchase. This really confuses me.
    thanks,
    fannd
    Taylor k- 2006 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Typically you only need to use it at the beginning of the season. It is normally labeled as "stabilizer" and/or "conditioner" and the ingredients should be listed as close to/at 100% cyanuric acid. It can be bought many places, including home centers, hardware stores, pool stores, and walmarts.

Unless you have a Saltwater chlorine generator (swg), you want your cya level 30-50 ppm. Be warned, trichlor and dichlor also raise cya, and it can get out of control fast.