Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Add 2nd pump to improve circulation?

1. Back To Top    #1

Add 2nd pump to improve circulation?

Could I add a 2nd pump and hook it up inline with my Intex Krystal clear 635T Filter pump with the hopes to improve water circulation?
    5,000 Gal. Intex Ultra Frame 16' X 48" Round
    W/ Stock Intex 1500 GPH Filter/Pump
    Purchase June of 2013

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Add 2nd pump to improve circulation?

You're better option would be to change the existing pump and filter out for a 2650 sand filter and pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree; upgrade to the Intex 2650 sand filter. I did after 1-1/2 summers with their cartridge filter system. I wish I had done it sooner.
    18'X48" Intex Easy Set, 2650 GPH Intex sand filter, Intex SWCG, Intex deluxe skimmer

4. Back To Top    #4

I parallel would be much better than in line. I use two intek cartridge pumps and it works great.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by DrtBikDave
    Could I add a 2nd pump and hook it up inline with my Intex Krystal clear 635T Filter pump with the hopes to improve water circulation?
    That would be a bad idea if you are talking about adding just a pump to your current pump/filter, since the flow rate of you current pump is already to high for that size of filter cartridge. See: http://www.troublefreepool.com/sand-...0.html#p581878
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.