Installing solar cover reel

sher

Sep 18, 2013
I bought a feherGuard solar cover reel for my above ground 21 ft round pool. Problem is the pool is enclosed with a deck so there is no way to swing the thing out of the way. Instructions only show this thing mounted in the middle of the pool. Looks like the cover is in half and then is pulled out from both sides. Befroe I take this thing back I am wondering if there are any other options. Can the thing be mounted on the deck at the end of the pool? If so, would the cover even work, and am not clear on how you would mount the straps or where on the cover. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much for the response. There were no directions for mounting this other than middle of the pool swing option. Would I still mount the straps in the middle like the directions , and then the cover would roll in half; or since it is going to be on just one end, would i attach the straps to the end of the cover and then roll the whole thing in one long piece? I am wondering if the weight of pulling the whole cover would rip it. I think the directions say to punch the holes for the straps in the middle of the cover on the seam. I will also be doing this myself, you dont need a person on each crank to roll the thing up, do you?

if you mount the roller at one end of your pool, you would attach the straps to the edges of the cover, not the middle. So your middle straps would be shorter and your outer straps a bit longer, due to the curve of the cover..but it would work pretty much the same as that of the Oval pool.

there is very little horizontal weight when pulling a cover across the top of the water, so I wouldn't worry at all about ripping due to pulling it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.