We have a 16' X 32" in-ground (3 1/2' to 8' deep). We had to drain and refill as CYA and TDSs were through the roof and we couldn't keep enough chlorine in it (we drained the whole thing). We have had no rain to speak of here for a month and a half and there is a lot of dust (they are excavating for a new housing plan right behind our house causing a lot of dust). We had been using powdered shock and 3" tablets (plus a whole lot of clarifyier, etc). We want to switch to the BBB. Here are our numbers: TDS = 500, CYA = 0 (We added 3.5 lbs of powdered CYA after testing), Total Chlorine = 0.6 (We added 2 gallons of 12.5% shock since testing), Free Chlorine = 0 (we put 3 - 3" tablets in the skimmer since we still have about a half a bucket of the tabs left - Can we use something else to help maintain the FC other than the tablets?...BBB..?), PH >8.8, Total Alkalinity = 319, Total Hardness = 344 (That's Indiana water), Copper = 0, Quat = 0.
What should we do get things in balance?