Loop loc cover -- Anchor Question

Jul 18, 2011
Hi guys and gals!!

So I have a loop loc cover on my in-ground pool and there are about 6 -8 of the brass anchors that are stripped and I can't get them to screw in or out or are generally destroyed. So I have a bunch of straps I cant secure down.

My question is, does anyone know if the brass anchors can be totally unscrewed? If I bought some new anchors would I be able to transfer the screw from the new anchor into the old one?

I REALLY don't want to have to chip out or put new anchors into the concrete!!

Thanks in advanced!!

Yes you can take them out. I pull mine out in the spring and wash out the holes.

I had to replace an anchor. I welded a lag bolt to a nut and put it on a slide hammer. Threaded the blot into the drain hole. The anchor comes out pretty easily.

ok cool, pool store tried to tell me they are one piece so I just wanted to make sure

Thanks for the help and good tip on pulling them out in the spring. Would be a great idea to pull them all out, clean and grease them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.