first time pool owner..HELP

Sep 18, 2013
Hello, glad I found this site. Just installed a pool her in New York last month. I installed end of summer to let the ground settle before putting a deck in the spring. It is a 12 x 24 oval semi inground with a saltwater (vertical to the return) generator and a 1.5 pump with a cartridge filter. I would like to winterize the pool this weekend, but I am lost as on where to begin. My return hose goes into the saltwater generator, which then goes into the aqua luminator on the return. I was give a black "winter plug" for the aqua luminator when I bought the pool. How do I take this off? the aqua laminator instructions do not say how to "plug it". Do I take off everything for the winter, including the saltwater generator? I have a plate to put on the skimmer which is pretty straight forward. Do I need to drain the water to below the return to get this plug into the aqua luminator? does it go in from inside the pool or outside the pool? Any help would be greatly appreciate, Thanks

Hi, sorry you did not get a reply sooner. In case you still need this information, here is a pdf of the manual. Here is another set of instructions from ehow. It is recommended to drain below the return. If your SWG is easily removed you can take it off and store it for the winter as well, but you don't have to take it off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.