Getting the clear water back...

TN94z said:
It also looks like we are going to get a lot of rain today as well....
Not singling you out but I am trying to disspell the notion that rain makes large changes in your pool water....it almost never does.

A 2" rainfall into the average pool should change your numbers by less than 5%. I am sure there are some outliers (and folks will rush to post them up) but most rain events can be disregarded. I have no explanation why this "urban legend" is so prevalent.

duraleigh said:
TN94z said:
It also looks like we are going to get a lot of rain today as well....
Not singling you out but I am trying to disspell the notion that rain makes large changes in your pool water....it almost never does.

A 2" rainfall into the average pool should change your numbers by less than 5%. I am sure there are some outliers (and folks will rush to post them up) but most rain events can be disregarded. I have no explanation why this "urban legend" is so prevalent.

I just meant it from a dirt/backwash standpoint (causing me to lower my CYA). Not necessarily from a change in the chemical levels standpoint.

TN94z said:
Will do. I haven't had it tested the last couple of weeks because we have been trying to get all of this dirt out. I had just added chemicals before all of this happened. I will post up results as soon as I get some more current ones. Sorry.

Do you cover your pool in the winter?

fannd said:
TN94z said:
Will do. I haven't had it tested the last couple of weeks because we have been trying to get all of this dirt out. I had just added chemicals before all of this happened. I will post up results as soon as I get some more current ones. Sorry.

Do you cover your pool in the winter?

Yes. I am actually trying to get it to a level where I can go ahead and close it and cover it. We have a safety cover.

Well, after taking the stabilizer out 2 days ago, I tested this morning and I can still fill the tube and see the dot. Should I put the stabilizer back in there or am I being too impatient? The pump has been running 24/7 as well

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
Have you had to backwash since putting the cya sock in the skimmer?

No sir. I didn't want to backwash because I don't want to lose the CYA that may be in there and I'm ready to get this SLAM under way so I can close.

And the sock in the skimmer was taken out a couple of days ago.

They put 60-70ppm worth of CYA in the sock ... and were advised to remove the sock since you only want around 30ppm for the SLAM process. Sounds like not enough has dissolved yet.

Alright, so going by the calculator when I decided how much stabilizer to put in initially, I believe I put in enough to get me to 60. I had that divided into two socks. I'll put one sock back in and allow it to disolve and then check it. That sound about right?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.