3 inch tabs

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am beginning to lose my CYA level in my pool as a result of some loss of water thru a possible tiny leak I need to get resolved. In addition we have had a lot of rain.....Before I discovered this pool site I had purchased from Leslies a big bucket of 3 inch tabs which I discontinued using when I began the BBB method you have led me to use. I have a 16000 gallon plaster pool and what I'm trying to figure out is how much CYA a tab would add to my water as a way to bring my CYA back up to my desired level, then discontinue using the Tabs again....I have the necessary chemical on hand to test the CYA frequently to monitor the CYA level while this is raising is taking place with the Tabs.Any guidance is greatly appreciated as I can't find any information on this site that can help me. Many thanks, John

The Pool Calculator is the easiest way to figure this out, but if you know your daily chlorine demand, you can use the fact that for every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm. So if you have 2 ppm FC per day chlorine demand, then if you meet that using only Trichlor, your CYA will rise by 2*7*0.6 = 8.5 ppm per week,

Thank you. Both replies are very helpful as I move forward to temporarily use those Tabs to raise the CYA.....Maybe someday I'll use them all up for CYA additions over the future years.......Thanks again.....John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.