Skimmer plug

ethany

LifeTime Supporter
May 23, 2009
Trenton NJ
I just purchased one for my pool closing this yr. I was thinking of plugging the skimmer (the opening inside wall of pool) and raising the water level. I have a solid cover and the water accumulates on top and puts a lot of stress on the cover. I know most people use pumps but I thought by rising the water level less can accumulate on top.

I have one way valves to plug the returns so I don't have to drain below returns.

Has anyone done this? Any experience with this type of plug?

It'd be nice to know where you're located?
If it's just a plug and you live where it freezes, then you're aasking for the skimmer to freeze and burst something. Also, how do the check valves keep water from getting into the return fittings?

Bama Rambler said:
It'd be nice to know where you're located?
If it's just a plug and you live where it freezes, then you're aasking for the skimmer to freeze and burst something. Also, how do the check valves keep water from getting into the return fittings?

I said valve....its really a plug. It screws into the return,lets u blow water out but doesnt let pool water go back in the return line.

I blew the skimmer line out n used a gizmo but I also have a rectangular plug that fits into the skimmer opening. I put that in because I want to raise the water level higher. I have a solid cover, I figure if water level in pool is higher than less water on top of cover over the winter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.