Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I have a leak

1. Back To Top    #1

I have a leak

Split from tip-for-finding-a-vinyl-liner-leak-t69420.html Butterfly

New member - often browsed these forums for help with my pool. I haven't updated my profile / signature yet - pool info below.
    My leak fits the symptoms in this post. I have a leak and suspected it to be around the lights (I have had one there before), skimmer, or return lines. I cannot find leak using food coloring test. However, I do have a slight "ballooned out" liner on one side of the pool. I cannot see any tears around this area. Is it possible there is a leak nearby - perhaps along the floor - that causes it to balloon out on the side?

30,000 gallon "L" shaped in-ground pool. Vermiculite with vinyl liner. Salt system, sand filter, hayward 1.0 pump.

Thanks for any advice.
    P.S. I found my first leak around my light using a hydrophone. May have to find that and try that again.
    30,000 gallon pool - Salt system - IG - Vinyl - Sand Filter - Hayward 1.0 pump

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: I have a leak

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an older post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"