Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hey!

1. Back To Top    #1

Hi! I've been lurking all summer. Actually, we've been looking for a pool all summer and every time I Google something pool related this forum comes I finally decided to register so I could see photos and possibly ask a few questions here and there.

My husband and I are not vacationers. Our free time is spent working in the garden/yard and raising a few chickens. We decided to get an AGP since we enjoy my brother-in-law's and for when our grandbaby visits. We priced new ones and decided that was more than we wanted to invest. We're definitely DIY'ers so we don't mind the work involved in setting up our own pool.

I finally found a deal on a 24' x 48" Doughboy Sand Dollar II. I don't know how old it is as the guy had bought it used a couple of years ago. He had two sand filters (ordered a new one and friend gave him one to use until it came in) and two new pumps (first one came in and had a broken bracket and the company sent him a new one and told him to keep the broken one). We had some help disassembling it and it only took 1 1/2 hrs....yay! Now we're looking forward to setting it up next spring, which will be a challenge in itself because we live on a the side of a rock pile.

Looking forward to picking your brains!
    Southeast Oklahoma
    24' x 48" AGP Doughboy Sand Dollar II
    Install Spring/Summer 2014

2. Back To Top    #2
    Twin Cities, MN

Re: Hey!

Welcome to tfp, lisaj

Let us know what questions you have. Many of us (myself included) have moved used pools into our yards.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3
    DFW, Texas

Welcome to TFP!

We will help get you set up in the spring. In the meantime, ask whatever questions you have.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your time here and let us know how to help.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr