Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

Nov 30, 2009
North Florida
In ground, 19.5' x 42'. Floating cover I had for six years finally deteriorated, but worked well and I threw the old cover away last year, but didn't measure it ...duh.

Could I get some recommendations from those of you who have been through this recently?
- best size?
- source and manufacturer and which "level" since prices vary widely (from reading many apparently believe less expensive makes more sense as they don't usually last longer than 5 years or so regardless of cost)
- high quality water bag source ...I like the double bags due to their stability, but I have found all to be unreliable in consistency of quality and end up replacing about 25% of them each year (no, don't overfill them :)

Thanks!

Water bags - I'm very much interested in the answer to this as well. I'm sitting down today to purchase a slew of new ones because so many didn't survive last winter. We purchased a bunch of new ones last year and half of them leaked before the end of winter. I thought we had bought a high quality, heavy duty brand too.

I just entered a google search for "best quality swimming pool water bags" and limited results to the last year. Of course, this post was up top. :p

Anyone?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.