Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

1. Back To Top    #1

Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

In ground, 19.5' x 42'. Floating cover I had for six years finally deteriorated, but worked well and I threw the old cover away last year, but didn't measure it ...duh.

Could I get some recommendations from those of you who have been through this recently?
    - best size?
    - source and manufacturer and which "level" since prices vary widely (from reading many apparently believe less expensive makes more sense as they don't usually last longer than 5 years or so regardless of cost)
    - high quality water bag source ...I like the double bags due to their stability, but I have found all to be unreliable in consistency of quality and end up replacing about 25% of them each year (no, don't overfill them

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

Hasn't someone gone through the buying process, recently?

Would be great to get some advice on which covers and water bags are good values .....

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Closing soon ...advice on floating cover source/size?

Water bags - I'm very much interested in the answer to this as well. I'm sitting down today to purchase a slew of new ones because so many didn't survive last winter. We purchased a bunch of new ones last year and half of them leaked before the end of winter. I thought we had bought a high quality, heavy duty brand too.

I just entered a google search for "best quality swimming pool water bags" and limited results to the last year. Of course, this post was up top. :P

:) 32x16 In Ground 18K vinyl; Hayward S244T sand filter; Hayward H250IDL2 Heater; Hayward .75HP Super Pump; Booster Pump 5060 & Viper; Hayward CL200 feeder