installing a hayward pump to 14ft x 48 intex ultra pool

Sep 14, 2013
hayward filters

Hello new pool intex ultra 14 x 48 going to install hayward 14in filter and pump, instructions are terrible any tips also how will i vacuum with the new pump ? i do not have a skimmer installed

Hi new to this . My hoses are 1 1/4 with intex , my new hayward pump 14 in. one sand filter is 1 1/2 in. having a hard time finding adapters... any advise where to go or what to ask for .......

You have two ways to go: The first is to go look at the hard plumbing an intex pool threads here. That way you will replace all the Crud Intex stuff with standard pool parts. It will be worth the work....trust me.

Second, if you keep the Intex hoses, you will have to get some 1 1/2 inch hoses and and cut them into about 1/8 thick in order to make a spacer to connect the Intex hose to a standard 1 1/2 inch threaded PVC part.

Done both and I can tell you hard plumbing and getting rid of the Intex hoses make my Intex pump into a real "pumper" of sorts. Just us a couple of lengths of flexible PVC so you have some flex around the pool.

Bob E.

Safetybob said:
You have two ways to go: The first is to go look at the hard plumbing an intex pool threads here. That way you will replace all the **** Intex stuff with standard pool parts. It will be worth the work....trust me.

Second, if you keep the Intex hoses, you will have to get some 1 1/2 inch hoses and and cut them into about 1/8 thick in order to make a spacer to connect the Intex hose to a standard 1 1/2 inch threaded PVC part.

Done both and I can tell you hard plumbing and getting rid of the Intex hoses make my Intex pump into a real "pumper" of sorts. Just us a couple of lengths of flexible PVC so you have some flex around the pool.

Bob E.
Bob i'm confused we were out there 2 hours and leaks from the pool exits....my pool has 2 outlets on the pool they have the rubber spout s sticking out.... 1 1/4 holes where my same size intex hoses fit....problem the new pump and filter hoses are 1 1/2...how do i get them to connect..........so frustrated

Please help newbie here

installing a new hayward pump 14in.filter with pump 40 gpm......... i have a intex ultra 14x48 pool. on my outside of pool the intake and out take where the hoses go to the filter and pump are 1 1/4. the new hoses are 1 1/2. what do i do ? what do i need ? very frustrated

The first fitting above slides over the black cuff and then you screw down the nut on it to "squeeze" the black cuff (you must have the poolside fitting on). The second fitting above screws onto the first fitting.

linen said:
The first fitting above slides over the black cuff and then you screw down the nut on it to "squeeze" the black cuff (you must have the poolside fitting on). The second fitting above screws onto the first fitting.

ok then what how do i put on my 1 1/2 in filter and pump hose on ? sorry to be a pain....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
linen said:
If you are going to use for the hose to the pump? Post a picture if you want.
all the hoses going into the pump and filter are installed with the hayward hoses which are 1 1/2 ....problem is we cant connect the hoses into the pool because the two openings are 1 1/4..........the intex pools have 2 rubber 1 1/4 spouts sticking out

Are they like this?:

images

I have rethought my advice to you. I would just use your 1.25" intex hoses and attach that to the 1.5" nipple on the pump end. They will expand enough to go over with a little heat and lubrication. This will get you by for at while.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.