Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: installing a hayward pump to 14ft x 48 intex ultra pool

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward filters

Hello new pool intex ultra 14 x 48 going to install hayward 14in filter and pump, instructions are terrible any tips also how will i vacuum with the new pump ? i do not have a skimmer installed
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool
    Installing a hayward pro series 14 in. sand filter and pump

2. Back To Top    #2

installing a hayward pump to 14ft x 48 intex ultra pool

Hi new to this . My hoses are 1 1/4 with intex , my new hayward pump 14 in. one sand filter is 1 1/2 in. having a hard time finding adapters... any advise where to go or what to ask for .......
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: installing a hayward pump to 14ft x 48 intex ultra pool

You have two ways to go: The first is to go look at the hard plumbing an intex pool threads here. That way you will replace all the **** Intex stuff with standard pool parts. It will be worth the work....trust me.

Second, if you keep the Intex hoses, you will have to get some 1 1/2 inch hoses and and cut them into about 1/8 thick in order to make a spacer to connect the Intex hose to a standard 1 1/2 inch threaded PVC part.

Done both and I can tell you hard plumbing and getting rid of the Intex hoses make my Intex pump into a real "pumper" of sorts. Just us a couple of lengths of flexible PVC so you have some flex around the pool.

Bob E.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Safetybob
    You have two ways to go: The first is to go look at the hard plumbing an intex pool threads here. That way you will replace all the **** Intex stuff with standard pool parts. It will be worth the work....trust me.

Second, if you keep the Intex hoses, you will have to get some 1 1/2 inch hoses and and cut them into about 1/8 thick in order to make a spacer to connect the Intex hose to a standard 1 1/2 inch threaded PVC part.

Done both and I can tell you hard plumbing and getting rid of the Intex hoses make my Intex pump into a real "pumper" of sorts. Just us a couple of lengths of flexible PVC so you have some flex around the pool.

Bob E.
    Bob i'm confused we were out there 2 hours and leaks from the pool exits....my pool has 2 outlets on the pool they have the rubber spout s sticking out.... 1 1/4 holes where my same size intex hoses fit....problem the new pump and filter hoses are 1 1/2...how do i get them to connect..........so frustrated
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Please help newbie here

installing a new hayward pump 14in.filter with pump 40 gpm......... i have a intex ultra 14x48 pool. on my outside of pool the intake and out take where the hoses go to the filter and pump are 1 1/4. the new hoses are 1 1/2. what do i do ? what do i need ? very frustrated
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to tfp, pakkrfans

Easiest way I know of is to use this:

with this:
    Though this part will only work well if you have 1 1/4 inch hoses coming to it.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Welcome to tfp, pakkrfans

Easiest way I know of is to use this:

with this:
    Though this part will only work well if you have 1 1/4 inch hoses coming to it.

only problem is none of my hoses are threaded going into the pool they have a cuff at the ends
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

8. Back To Top    #8

ready to give up
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

9. Back To Top    #9

The first fitting above slides over the black cuff and then you screw down the nut on it to "squeeze" the black cuff (you must have the poolside fitting on). The second fitting above screws onto the first fitting.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

10. Back To Top    #10

The first fitting above slides over the black cuff and then you screw down the nut on it to "squeeze" the black cuff (you must have the poolside fitting on). The second fitting above screws onto the first fitting.

ok then what how do i put on my 1 1/2 in filter and pump hose on ? sorry to be a pain....
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

11. Back To Top    #11

so frustrated just had the new filter and pump wired now cant get the darn hoses to run to the pool beacuse of the darn intex hose size
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

12. Back To Top    #12

If you are going to use for the hose to the pump? Post a picture if you want.

13. Back To Top    #13

If you are going to use for the hose to the pump? Post a picture if you want.
    all the hoses going into the pump and filter are installed with the hayward hoses which are 1 1/2 ....problem is we cant connect the hoses into the pool because the two openings are 1 1/4..........the intex pools have 2 rubber 1 1/4 spouts sticking out
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

14. Back To Top    #14

Are they like this?:

15. Back To Top    #15

Are they like this?:

yes
    Debbie
    In Florida
    14 x 48 intex ultra pool

16. Back To Top    #16

I have rethought my advice to you. I would just use your 1.25" intex hoses and attach that to the 1.5" nipple on the pump end. They will expand enough to go over with a little heat and lubrication. This will get you by for at while.