Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Exposed Rebar

1. Back To Top    #1

Exposed Rebar

Hi all.

Gunite freeform pool built in 07. Has a cleaner system called PCC2000. Over time one of the water jets seemed to have worn away some of the plaster where there seems to be a black dot showing through. I called the builder (MDPOOLS) and sent many emails since 31 Aug 13 where a rep finally called back. After he asked me when built he stated that the plaster was out of warranty. I stated that the plaster isnt the problem its the fact that rebar is presenting itself and causing discoloration spots in the plaster.. He then indicated he would look into scheduling a visit (since last tuesday) and I have not heard back since. I followed up with texts since he called me with his cell.. Nada....

So looking for recommendations as the rebar is a structural thing and a lifetime warranty should have it covered...

I am going to visit their office.. Not sure they can ignore me for ever.... should I also send a letter to BBB?? Looking for guidance or advice..
    mfhearn
    18ftx35ft, 25,500 Gallons Gunite Free Form 2.0 HP pump Mineral Springs T-15 SWCG w/ Mineral Springs digital controller (which I had to repair by replacing the 2R025 BigAMP current inrush limiter)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Exposed Rebar

Pictures would be helpfull. It's probably not rebar, since the rebar should be embedded in the shotcrete under the concrete. You could get a strongish magnet and find out, if it doesn't stick then it's likely a stain of some sort.
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Exposed Rebar

Fair enough.. links to pix.... used a fuji under water camera

http://tinyurl.com/kz7qmbg

http://tinyurl.com/lkmjd6j

will try the magnet trick.....
    18ftx35ft, 25,500 Gallons Gunite Free Form 2.0 HP pump Mineral Springs T-15 SWCG w/ Mineral Springs digital controller (which I had to repair by replacing the 2R025 BigAMP current inrush limiter)