Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ortega Flo-Chk rattles

1. Back To Top    #1

Ortega Flo-Chk rattles

I have a noisy check valve. The spring costs about $12 and the seat assembly is about $50. Which should I replace to quiet the noise? Thanks.
    24000 gallon in-ground | 500 gallon spill-over spa | SWCG T-15 cell | PS-8 control panel | Solar panel heating | Propane heater | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Jacuzzi 2HP 240V pumps (one each for filter and spa jets) | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Auto-leveler |

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ortega Flo-Chk rattles

My Ortega was doing the same. I took some o-ring lube and lubed up the face and edges of the seat assembly rubber. No noise since.

3. Back To Top    #3

Try lubing like Hawk suggested and if that doesn't work I'd change the spring.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

When I pulled the seat assembly, I found the rubber was badly out-of-round. Silicone lube didn't help. Next, I swapped parts from another valve and that didn't help either. Finally, I screwed the cap on with no guts and that made it quiet. So, I'll go with new innards and hope that works.
    24000 gallon in-ground | 500 gallon spill-over spa | SWCG T-15 cell | PS-8 control panel | Solar panel heating | Propane heater | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Jacuzzi 2HP 240V pumps (one each for filter and spa jets) | Jacuzzi TM 31 sand filter | Auto-leveler |