Liner stains and borate

Sep 12, 2013
I am a new pool owner started filling pool in mid July. Deck concrete completed 9/5/13. During concrete stamping process had large rains and most of the powder stain for concreted ended up in pool, drains and gutters had not been connected so rain water will not usually go in pool but if course this time it did. Have filtered and flocked and vacuumed to waster and filtered and filter. Now have the water mostly clear again bit I have a powdery stain at the water line. Have wiped and scrubbed with sponges and will look clean until the portion above the waterline dries then powdery looking stain returns.
What is the best way to clean the liner?

Through all of this the chemicals in the pool have been within the limits recommended in this forum. I am considering adding borates. As we are close to closing the pool should I wait until I open next spring.

I appreciate all the information and knowledge collected here and will certainly be picking your brains alot in the future.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.