Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner stains and borate

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner stains and borate

I am a new pool owner started filling pool in mid July. Deck concrete completed 9/5/13. During concrete stamping process had large rains and most of the powder stain for concreted ended up in pool, drains and gutters had not been connected so rain water will not usually go in pool but if course this time it did. Have filtered and flocked and vacuumed to waster and filtered and filter. Now have the water mostly clear again bit I have a powdery stain at the water line. Have wiped and scrubbed with sponges and will look clean until the portion above the waterline dries then powdery looking stain returns.
    What is the best way to clean the liner?

Through all of this the chemicals in the pool have been within the limits recommended in this forum. I am considering adding borates. As we are close to closing the pool should I wait until I open next spring.

I appreciate all the information and knowledge collected here and will certainly be picking your brains alot in the future.
    20'x40' 36k vinyl, astralpool ztech cartridge filter, viron p280 VS pump, astralpool VX SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Liner stains and borate

Welcome to TFP!

I know this is an older post and no one answered it, but wanted to encourage you to continue to post and ask questions. Not every question gets an answer, but we should have at least welcomed you to the forum.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"