Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First year of BBB and TFP

1. Back To Top    #1

First year of BBB and TFP

Being in SW Pennsylvania my pool season is coming to a close. I will be closing up in 2 weeks as the leaves will just be too much for me to keep up with. This site has been a huge resourse for me and keeping my pool sparking clear. Having almost completed my 2nd year as a pool owner, I wish I would have found this site sooner! I have the pool chemistry figured out and it is so simple. Everyone here is so helpful and I can not say thank you enough! Also I have only spent $108.74 to keep my pool clear since the second week of May. Thats about $5.50 a week!

Thanks again for the knowledge and keeping me away from the pool store all season!
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First year of BBB and TFP

Congratulations on your success this summer!
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

3. Back To Top    #3

With a little understanding, having a pool is easy ... and not that expensive to maintain as you have found.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Massimo
    15X30 AG Vinyl (10,600 GAL) Hayward Power-Flo LX 1.5hp
    Hayward Sand Filter, Pool Rover JR, 12ML Solar Cover,
    TF100, BBB Method! POOL SCHOOL
    I Don't Get "Pool Stored!"

5. Back To Top    #5

Congrats ! Good job !!
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks guys... looking forward to next year and making some DYI improvements, thanks to this site...
    IG 16x32 Grecian - Vinyl - Approx 18k gal - 1 HP Hayward Super Pump - Pentair Triton II TR-60 Sand Filter - Hayward ColorLogic Light - Hayward H250FD Heater

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by chclark
    thanks guys... looking forward to next year and making some DYI improvements, thanks to this site...
    Would those be the Do Yourself In projects? Thats how mine usually turn out.
    "The early bird might get the worm, but its the second mouse that gets the cheese." ~ W. Rian Adams
    Relative's IG Vinyl | 16x32 | ~18,600 gals | Hayward 3/4hp Pump | Hayward S244T Filter | Pentair Model 300 Chlorinator (not used) | Polaris 180

8. Back To Top    #8

YES well put!

9. Back To Top    #9

Congrats on successfully managing your pool .
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

10. Back To Top    #10

On a side note... looks like I'll be buying a new solar cover. The puppy got to this one. Without it and temps being in the 40s at night, the season is definitely over. Hopefully I can find a end of season deal, also going to get a new reel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by chclark
    Being in SW Pennsylvania my pool season is coming to a close. I will be closing up in 2 weeks as the leaves will just be too much for me to keep up with. This site has been a huge resourse for me and keeping my pool sparking clear. Having almost completed my 2nd year as a pool owner, I wish I would have found this site sooner! I have the pool chemistry figured out and it is so simple. Everyone here is so helpful and I can not say thank you enough! Also I have only spent $108.74 to keep my pool clear since the second week of May. Thats about $5.50 a week!

Thanks again for the knowledge and keeping me away from the pool store all season!
    Next year will probably be even cheaper. You're lucky you found this forum in your second year. Sadly, I was in the midst of my 3 or 4th year and a pink algae bloom!
    14,600g / 24ft. Round Above Ground with Solar Cover
    18" Hayward Pro Sand Filter
    1 HP Hayward Powerflo Matrix Pump running 10am - 8pm
    Full Sun (when we get sun ... LOL): Approx. 10am to 7pm
    Using the Trouble Free Method, and loving it!! Arrrrrrrr!!!!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    With a little understanding, having a pool is easy ... and not that expensive to maintain as you have found.
    Exactly. I have probably spent no more than an hour taking care of my pool since June. It really is an almost zero effort job if you just take the time to understand it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat