First year of BBB and TFP

chclark

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
Being in SW Pennsylvania my pool season is coming to a close. I will be closing up in 2 weeks as the leaves will just be too much for me to keep up with. This site has been a huge resourse for me and keeping my pool sparking clear. Having almost completed my 2nd year as a pool owner, I wish I would have found this site sooner! I have the pool chemistry figured out and it is so simple. Everyone here is so helpful and I can not say thank you enough! Also I have only spent $108.74 to keep my pool clear since the second week of May. Thats about $5.50 a week! :cheers:

Thanks again for the knowledge and keeping me away from the pool store all season!

On a side note... looks like I'll be buying a new solar cover. The puppy got to this one. Without it and temps being in the 40s at night, the season is definitely over. Hopefully I can find a end of season deal, also going to get a new reel.

Attachments

• izzy cover.jpg
    izzy cover.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 146

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
chclark said:
Being in SW Pennsylvania my pool season is coming to a close. I will be closing up in 2 weeks as the leaves will just be too much for me to keep up with. This site has been a huge resourse for me and keeping my pool sparking clear. Having almost completed my 2nd year as a pool owner, I wish I would have found this site sooner! I have the pool chemistry figured out and it is so simple. Everyone here is so helpful and I can not say thank you enough! Also I have only spent $108.74 to keep my pool clear since the second week of May. Thats about $5.50 a week! :cheers:

Thanks again for the knowledge and keeping me away from the pool store all season!

Next year will probably be even cheaper. You're lucky you found this forum in your second year. Sadly, I was in the midst of my 3 or 4th year and a pink algae bloom!

jblizzle said:
With a little understanding, having a pool is easy ... and not that expensive to maintain as you have found. :goodjob:

Exactly. I have probably spent no more than an hour taking care of my pool since June. It really is an almost zero effort job if you just take the time to understand it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.