Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rain delay in pool take-down

1. Back To Top    #1

Rain delay in pool take-down

Today was a fail - I hoped to get the pool drained so it could air-dry tomorrow and I could pack it up before the rain comes tomorrow night, BUT I was bested by the water below the drain hole. In fact, my once "clean" pool apparently wasn't so clean - as the water kept getting lower, more and more dirt accumulated on the bottom. I bailed water... used our wee little 2.5 gallon shop vac... siphoned... and still by nightfall I had 1/4 of water and some dirt in the pool. I have to work tomorrow, so there's no way I'll be able to clean it, dry it, and pack it before the rain arrives.

Any suggestions? I'm pretty much clueless what to do at this point.
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rain delay in pool take-down

I think leaving it a quarter full will be fine until you have time to finish the job.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    I think leaving it a quarter full will be fine until you have time to finish the job.
    Ah ok. Actually, I meant 1/4 of an inch, not a quarter of the pool. I guess I was in a hurry when I posted that!
    16x48 Intex Ultraframe vinyl AGP, 2150 gph sand filter/pump (Intex SF70110), Hayward Skimmer, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

A few beach towels will dry the pool off fast.

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry I missed your post. I would get the pool down if the water level is that low, since an empty pool is like a sail in the wind.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.