You know you've had a great pool summer if?

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
....Nobody drowned

......Nobody got arrested!

........No unaccounted for swimwear leftovers are apparent

,,,,,,,,,,Didn't need to SLAM (lost that one!)

.........You learned a new recipe or cooking technique

...........No uncontrollable grill fires

........You spent your last probable Sunday in the pool watching football (even though the Cowboys lost)

.......The fridge is finally empty of any half empty bottles, half empty pitchers of frozen concoctions, and 12 oz. beverages are down to a manageable level.

.........You made any new friends and didn't lose any old ones! :-D

........You already can't wait for next year.

feel free to add on!

....Watching the Stanley Cup Finals on the patio TV while in the pool (and enjoying a cold adult beverage).
....Watching Royal Pains all summer on TV while in the pool. Translation....I'm going to watch Divya! :party:
....Never running out of cold beverages, ice, or wood for the smoker.
....Having a Trouble Free Pool!

woodyp said:
........No unaccounted for swimwear leftovers are apparent
Would this necessarily be a bad thing? :mrgreen:

It makes me feel better to see Texans talk about the end of their swim season. :twisted:

This summer was probably about 1/4 of what last summer was. I feel like we barely got any good swimming days, but it does making closing easier. I'm hoping to get at least a few more good hours out of the next couple weeks.

Speedo said:
It makes me feel better to see Texans talk about the end of their swim season.
Well...we didn't say it was over, but the water has indeed come down in temperature from its high point. Last year's final swim for me was Nov 7th, so there's still some time left. We had a very cold spring (8th coldest in history if I remember the stats), so the current above-average temperatures are just fine with me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You know you've had a great pool summer if...

The hubby survived his motorcycle accident and at least got to bolt the side of the wall together 3 weeks post accident.

You could watch him float and be grateful for all you really do have.

linen said:
You Texans are whimps...pool at 70 today and got a swim in.
Since I have owned this pool, I have gotten in at 63°F (and by "getting in", I mean doing laps for about half an hour, not just getting in and right back out) :wink: . Swim season for me officially starts when the water hits 65°F (usually mid-March but not this year due to the record cold spring). Nearly froze my you know what off tailgating overnight at Jimmy Buffett concert in early May when temps got close to freezing overnight. I'm psychologically and physically ready for that in January, but not in May.

Bahaahaaa, this thread is just too funny!! :laughblue: A good read. :)
No, I'd say BoD isn't a wimp, but I'm noooot soooo suuurrree about his avatar though. That Burt Reynolds.... not so sure about him, kiiinda shiiiiifty. :suspect: ;) ;)

I used to go into frigid cold water, being I'm a born & raised Oregonian, but something went wrong when I passed my early 20's, at some point, just can't do it anymore. It actually BURNS!! YIKES!! :shock:
I can safely go down to about 68F, maaayyybeee 65F, but I have to get up the nerve to try it again that low. My last experience at 52F was NOOOTTT FUUUUNNN!!!
Definitely trying next spring when I open, as next spring will be the 1st year I'll have my OWN pool up & ready to go that early on. Since I don't have to mess with putting it up and filling it, re-leveling the ground and all that boring junk.

Who knows, if those colder temps work out again, I might go lower. Could have been medication at the time, they'll do funny stuff to your circulatory system sometimes, but they're a necessary evil though, sometimes.

I'm a firm believer in not "wading" into the pool, I just jump RIIIIGHHHHT IN!!! Gets the initial shock over with. HEHEHE :twisted:
Even if it's shallow, I just fall back into it, nice and safe, my whole body doused all at once.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.