Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: You know you've had a great pool summer if?

1. Back To Top    #1

You know you've had a great pool summer if?

....Nobody drowned

......Nobody got arrested!

........No unaccounted for swimwear leftovers are apparent

,,,,,,,,,,Didn't need to SLAM (lost that one!)

.........You learned a new recipe or cooking technique

...........No uncontrollable grill fires

........You spent your last probable Sunday in the pool watching football (even though the Cowboys lost)

.......The fridge is finally empty of any half empty bottles, half empty pitchers of frozen concoctions, and 12 oz. beverages are down to a manageable level.

.........You made any new friends and didn't lose any old ones!

........You already can't wait for next year.

feel free to add on!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: You know you've had a great pool summer if?

When the drunk neighbor tripped and missed the fire pit, which was burning and fell into the pool.
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

I can top that. Had one of my daughters' college friends actually fall OUT of the pool! It's an above ground btw.
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

....Watching the Stanley Cup Finals on the patio TV while in the pool (and enjoying a cold adult beverage).
    ....Watching Royal Pains all summer on TV while in the pool. Translation....I'm going to watch Divya!
    ....Never running out of cold beverages, ice, or wood for the smoker.
    ....Having a Trouble Free Pool!

Quote Originally Posted by woodyp
    ........No unaccounted for swimwear leftovers are apparent
    Would this necessarily be a bad thing?
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

5. Back To Top    #5

It makes me feel better to see Texans talk about the end of their swim season.

This summer was probably about 1/4 of what last summer was. I feel like we barely got any good swimming days, but it does making closing easier. I'm hoping to get at least a few more good hours out of the next couple weeks.
    Aaron
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]
    Powered by: TFP, PoolMath & TFTestkits

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Speedo
    It makes me feel better to see Texans talk about the end of their swim season.
    Well...we didn't say it was over, but the water has indeed come down in temperature from its high point. Last year's final swim for me was Nov 7th, so there's still some time left. We had a very cold spring (8th coldest in history if I remember the stats), so the current above-average temperatures are just fine with me.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT

7. Back To Top    #7

I wimp out at around 83 pool temp myself. Ain't got no heater!

8. Back To Top    #8

You Texans are whimps...pool at 70 today and got a swim in.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Betcha you won't get in at 60 !
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    Betcha you won't get in at 60 !
    You got me pwrstrk, I won't go in when its 60. My kids and I usually go in when we open. This year is the first year I passed on that...it was 56.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

11. Back To Top    #11

You know you've had a great pool summer if...

The hubby survived his motorcycle accident and at least got to bolt the side of the wall together 3 weeks post accident.

You could watch him float and be grateful for all you really do have.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Since I have owned this pool, I have gotten in at 63F (and by "getting in", I mean doing laps for about half an hour, not just getting in and right back out) . Swim season for me officially starts when the water hits 65F (usually mid-March but not this year due to the record cold spring). Nearly froze my you know what off tailgating overnight at Jimmy Buffett concert in early May when temps got close to freezing overnight. I'm psychologically and physically ready for that in January, but not in May.

13. Back To Top    #13

I stand corrected...BoD is not a whimp, but he is still a Texan

14. Back To Top    #14

Amen Casey!

15. Back To Top    #15

I stand corrected...BoD is not a whimp, but he is still a Texan
    I will gladly plead guilty to both statements!

16. Back To Top    #16

Bahaahaaa, this thread is just too funny!! A good read.
    No, I'd say BoD isn't a wimp, but I'm noooot soooo suuurrree about his avatar though. That Burt Reynolds.... not so sure about him, kiiinda shiiiiifty.

I used to go into frigid cold water, being I'm a born & raised Oregonian, but something went wrong when I passed my early 20's, at some point, just can't do it anymore. It actually BURNS!! YIKES!!
    I can safely go down to about 68F, maaayyybeee 65F, but I have to get up the nerve to try it again that low. My last experience at 52F was NOOOTTT FUUUUNNN!!!
    Definitely trying next spring when I open, as next spring will be the 1st year I'll have my OWN pool up & ready to go that early on. Since I don't have to mess with putting it up and filling it, re-leveling the ground and all that boring junk.

Who knows, if those colder temps work out again, I might go lower. Could have been medication at the time, they'll do funny stuff to your circulatory system sometimes, but they're a necessary evil though, sometimes.

I'm a firm believer in not "wading" into the pool, I just jump RIIIIGHHHHT IN!!! Gets the initial shock over with. HEHEHE
    Even if it's shallow, I just fall back into it, nice and safe, my whole body doused all at once.
    Thanks for reading... - Tony
    Da' Pool: Intex 15'x42" 3284gal AGP EasySet (Inflatable Ring) - (Summer 2014: 27' round EW /w 6.5' deep end @ 22,500gal)
    Pump & Cart Mod: 1000gph Cart. 5ft - 2 nylons, 24/7 OP. Traps bugs/bits, lasts longer/cleans easier = Happier Pool Owner!!
    The Bible for a "Trouble Free Pool" life = PoolSchool, the BBB method a TF100 test kit(Recommend Kits Compared). - Cleaning a Sand Filter
    Water looks like GLASS, if yours doesn't...SLAM IT! Feels nice and never been happier!!! :D