New IG, first TF-100 readings; wait until filter is running?

ajfjcklc

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
Here are my first readings using the TF-100 test kit:

Cl = 0 (I didn't measure FC or CC since Cl=0 with the K-1000)
pH = 8.2 or greater
TA = 240
CH = 320
CYA = 0

Water was delivered into pool on Friday (2 days ago), today is Sunday, and my pump and filter should be running by tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday at the latest. A few questions:

1. Should I wait until my pump is running before trying to correct levels?

2. I believe my highest priority is getting FC up to 4-6, getting pH down to 7.5-7.8, getting CYA up to about 30. Lesser priority is getting TA down to 60-120 (that will come down naturally as I lower pH, right?). Lowest priority is getting CH down say 150-200 (vinyl liner).

Any answers, suggestions, and advice are all welcome! First pool I've owned. Kids went swimming for 10 minutes yesterday even though temp is about 70 degF. Concrete deck should be poured tomorrow assuming no chance of rain.

Attachments

• IMG_1550_small.jpg
    IMG_1550_small.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 48
Re: New IG, first TF-100 readings; wait until filter is runn

Your priorities are also right on the money. It would also be a good idea to put a large jug of bleach in the pool if your pump is not running tomorrow evening.

Just pour it in slowly and stir it around with a boat paddle or something. As long as you stir it a bit, it'll spread pretty evenly in a short period.

Re: New IG, first TF-100 readings; wait until filter is runn

Thanks for the help. BTW, sorry for the sideways picture - I'm clearly not only new to owning a pool but new to posting pics on TFP! :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.