Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing an Intex Ultra Frame Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing an Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Hi all - i live in northern PA, we get a lot of cold and snow in the winter. I have an 18x48 intex ultra frame pool and am wondering if I should winterize and leave it up this winter. Has anyone with the same type of weather had luck doing this and for how long? I was going to use chemicals, pillows and the intex cover provided. Drain the water below the inlet/outlet. I also am not sure if I shoudl plug the holes and if so with what. Any info would be helpful....i don't want to ruin the pool after one year.

2. Back To Top    #2
    DFW, Texas

Re: Winterizing an Intex Ultra Frame Pool

Welcome to TFP!

Here is the recommended process for Winterizing Your Above Ground Pool.

When I was a kid, most people left their AG pools up over the winter. The pools basically lasted until we all went off to college and, in some cases, beyond that.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Winterizing an Intex Ultra Frame Pool

What have other folks used to plug the holes in the side of the intex pools? I am nervous about draining 6 inches below because that seems like more than half the water and really makes the sides seem unsturdy. What have other intex owners had success with?