Buried Above Ground Pool Questions

TChess

Sep 9, 2013
Dallas, Texas
Hello,

I live in Dallas, Texas and am in the process of partially burying a 18' X 52" round Intex Sequoia pool. The pool will be exposed 8" above ground with all areas above ground covered with tar paper. The hole has been dug and the ground is level. The contractor will be installing the pool in 3 days and I have a few questions.

1. Should I install an additional liner on top of the included one, just in case?

2. Should I backfill with a slurry of concrete and sand rather than dirt?

3. The GFI plug is 15' from the pool, should I have a GFI outlet installed closer to the pool pump?

4. Will the (2) 35 watt submerged pool lights require individual GFI outlets or may I plug the lights and pool pump into the same 4 plug GFI outlet? :cry:

Thanks for the help

Perhaps someone will. If they don't, I'll wing it. If it doesn't work out, at least I gained a few valuable skills that may be useful in the future. My next project is an outdoor kitchen. Plan on using freestanding kichen components from the cardboard furniture store (Ikea). However, I need to learn how to weld. I asked one of the guys about teaching me and he laughed and said senorita no weld. Ha ha ha

TChess said:
Hello,

I live in Dallas, Texas and am in the process of partially burying a 18' X 52" round Intex Sequoia pool. The pool will be exposed 8" above ground with all areas above ground covered with tar paper. The hole has been dug and the ground is level. The contractor will be installing the pool in 3 days and I have a few questions.

1. Should I install an additional liner on top of the included one, just in case?
I see no benefit to having a second liner.

2. Should I backfill with a slurry of concrete and sand rather than dirt?
I wouldn't use concrete, dirt will work just fine.

3. The GFI plug is 15' from the pool, should I have a GFI outlet installed closer to the pool pump?
That depends on what your JHA (jurisdiction having authority) says and/or where the equipment is going to be.

4. Will the (2) 35 watt submerged pool lights require individual GFI outlets or may I plug the lights and pool pump into the same 4 plug GFI outlet? :cry:
Your pump should be on a single outlet. Your lights can plug into the same circuit, but it should be different from the pump.

Thanks for the help

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.