Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 15 000 gal for $139 INTEX SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

15 000 gal for $139 INTEX SWG

hi guys

I plan to buy a Intex AGP 24x12x52 approx 8500 gal from Amazon, but I don't think they come with a good SWG so I found this in walmart 15 000 gal for $139

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Intex-Krystal ... n/19336123

Do you think this is a good choice?

Is there a better Intex alternative for the price?

what kind of INTEX sand filter will be a good match?

thanks in advance

Luis
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 15 000 gal for $139 INTEX SWG

That SWG will be fine. To do better than that you need to spend well over $400.

I recommend getting an Intex sand filter and pump combination. If your electric rates are high (above $0.20/kwh) it is worth looking into a two speed or small variable speed pump, which will cost more up front, but save a great deal in electrical costs. At lower electric rates, the Intex sand filter/pump combo is a better deal.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

hi Jason or any contributor

It is the separated INTEX sand filter the one that I want to match, the bigger the better, right?

so what sand filter will be?

WOW!!!

I just found a better price in amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-54601EG-Kry ... d_sim_lg_1
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP

4. Back To Top    #4

The intex 2650 sand filter has gotten great reviews.

The swg you posted the link too should work fine. Make sure when you use it to disconnect the wire to the copper bars (second wire from the right of the link you posted just above).

Avoid the all-in-ones that have the swg and sand filter combined...the pump and the swg never fail at the same time.

I have a similar intex swg on my permanent 21' agp and it works great (on it's third year of life, though I think I will need to replace it next year).
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

5. Back To Top    #5

Yes, I will buy them separately.

Thanks

The corner stone of TFP