Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ascorbic acid treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

Ascorbic acid treatment

It's taking forever to get my FC to zero. I have a swg and set it to 0% two days ago and my FC only went down from 5 ppm to 4.5

I have the pump going 24/7.....should I run it at my normal 8 hr/day? I have some leaves dropping and want to catch them before they sink to bottom.

I guess there's no way quicker way to accomplishing this?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ascorbic acid treatment

There are chemicals you can add to lower the FC level, but they tend to be mildly expensive, not a huge issue but a bit of a deterrent. If you are in a hurry for some reason you can take that approach. For most people it is best to simply wait it out.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Let me ask you this......do u think its better to do the treatment now or before next season. I am going to close soon? I know next year I would have to do the opposite. Balance the water and get rid of algae,then drop the fc down.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights

4. Back To Top    #4

While not likely, it is possible for stains to reoccur over the winter. Because of that it is slightly better to wait until next season to do the treatment, thus avoiding the small chance that you would have to do it twice, now and again next season.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Ok...thanks. Thats what I will do. Man...this season here in NJ went so fast,can't believe I'm closing the pool.