Walmart's stabilizer

May 2, 2013
South Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Can anyone tell me for sure if Wal-Mart' s stabilizer is calcium chloride OR calcium chloride dehydrate. I want to use the pool calculator to figure out how much I need to put in the sock that will go in the skimmer. All the bottle label says is Cyanuric Acid 100 per cent. Thanks, John

It's CYA. Just use stabilizer in the pool calc. Not the liquid stabilizer. It's neither of what you mentioned. The calcium will raise your Ch.

Just hang the sock in front of a return if your CYA level is low.

Many thanks for both of the answers...I realize now I looked at the wrong heading in the pool calculator, which generated the question.....I have since put the dry stabilizer in a sock in the skimmer, squeezed it every couple of hours and it all has been diluted into the system....gonna run the pump for the 24 hour period to free up as much stabilizer as possible from the filter.....Thanks again, John

Will do, I used the sock last Saturday and will check it again this Saturday. I'm going to "inch it up " to around 35 ppm and the use some old expensive tabs I had before discovering your website and converting to BBB to the move the CYA level up from the 35 to 40 ppm which is my target goal for my CYA level.......Then discontinue using the Tabs. .Many thanks, John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.