LifeTime Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
Denver, CO
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
not sure how many thousand gallons I dumped overnight. Does anyone have any experience with the Poolmiser Smartmiser? My fill line is setup in such a way that it would be an easy install. I'm planning to get a traditional autofill when I get the plaster redone in a year or 2.

I opted out of the Autofill for my build simply because I want to know at earliest if there is a problem. Every builder has tried to convince me otherwise, but I'm outdoors all the time and think I can handle it. That said, I have left a sprinkler on at night when I shouldn't have, so I'm not beyond forgetting something.
:oops: :oops: :oops:

I did that twice last year.

I recently made myself an "autofill" using a float valve for a side entry toilet cistern some adaptors and quick release hose fitting. Mine is mounted under the skimmer lid (probably not the best place to put it, but it looks neat). Much cheaper than buying them premade and it doesn't take any skill, just connect a pipe and set the float level.

I don't leave the hose on it all the time, I usually put the hose in front of the return to circulate it, but when I need to I can leave the hose on my autofill while I do other stuff and not worry about overfilling.

I'll post some pictures when I get home if anyones interested.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.