Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Why does TFP have fewer members after the software upgrade?

1. Back To Top    #1

Why does TFP have fewer members after the software upgrade?

After the software upgrade, TFP went from roughly 4200 members to under 3800 members? What happened to all of those members?

I don't think it could be because of new members registering during the software upgrade "blackout". TFP had only been adding 30-50 members per day, and the forum was down for less than 48 hours.

Just curious.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    1998 Polaris 380 pressure-side cleaner w/ 3/4 HP booster pump
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Why does TFP have fewer members after the software upgrade?

I rather suspect that the answer is: No one knows. I don't anyway.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My guess is that over time when members have been deleted (bots, etc), the tally had not updated, so upon upgrading the correct number has been shown. Seeing nobody has complained of their account disappearing, it makes this scenario seem likely I think.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4

Sean and Jason,

Thanks for the explanations.

Titanium
    24,000 gallon inground freeform pool/spa circa 1983 (113 ft perimeter, 625 sq ft) with 350 gallon attached spill-over spa
    2007 2 HP, three-phase Hayward TriStar pump which is powered by an Ikeric VS-200 variable speed drive system
    1983 Laars XE Pool/Spa Heater Type ES 400,000 BTU, 1998 Hayward Super Star-Clear C-4000 cartridge filter (400 sq ft, 4 separate cartridges)
    One skimmer :( and one PoolSkim :), One Supervision Galaxy LED pool lamp, Second story solar panels
    Hayward/GoldLine AquaLogic PS4 (replaced 1983 vintage dual circuit Intermatic timer)

5. Back To Top    #5

OK, now you guys are just messing with me.

The member number just shot up by 300 members and we are now at 4100 instead of 3800.

Titanium

6. Back To Top    #6

If you've read over in the coffer bar, the thread where we have all guessed how many members TFP will have on Sept. 1st, you'll understand that this version has a different way of categorizing members.

The number we are using for the contest is the one provided in the admin control panel for total registered users - currently at 4492 - and much more in line with where we were before the uprade. I've made some changes on the admin side to make sure members settings are correct. It's posible that may have shifted how some of those people are counted.

Aside from the contest, it doesn't really matter.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.