algae...help??????

May 21, 2008
Quick question everyone...my CL levels are at shock levels bc I've been adding bleach to shock due to the appearance of algeae in spots. My deep end is cloudy now too bc of brushing the algae to try and loosen it up and kill it.
First of all...i keep my chlorine at normal levels all the time and shock after lots of usage which we had last week here in nj bc of the heat wave. now we have not been as much bc the weather has cooled off a little and we've just been busy.
is there any other way to celar up an algae problem other than algacide? i hate to use it bc it makes the water foamy even when i buy the good stuff.
we didn't have the algae bloom during the heatwave...came about just about two days ago now and it's rather frustrating since it took us so long to get our water clear this season and now it's cloudy again!

Any ideas???

frasermom said:
right now my chl is about 15
ph is 7.4

I guess I should have been a little more specific :wink:

ph is obviously fine.

When you say chl, is it free or total chlorine?

How are you testing it?

You need to have your free chlorine up at 15-20 to clear your pool.

And, do you know what your cya level is?

Randy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.