Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Let it leak or fix it?

1. Back To Top    #1

Let it leak or fix it?

I have two leaks in my pool equipment. One is an O ring at the top of the trichlor cylinder, easy to fix, the other is at the inlet of the booster pump, not as easy to fix. My question is, because I need to replace 60 some percent of my water due to CH of 600, should I just let it leak and replace the water with water that has a lower CH or fix the leaks now?
    15,000 gallon plaster pool with spa and water fall, 250 Pentair MiniMax Plus Heater
    Nautilus FNS FIberglass D.E. Filter 48 Sq ft, Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + TFTestkits Chlorine & CCs Kit.
    Oak trees overhanging most of pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Let it leak or fix it?

It would depend on the CH of your fill water and how much it's leaking. If your fill water is fairly low in CH and it's leaking enough to make a difference in the CH, I say go for it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Let it leak or fix it?

Pool CH is 600, city water is 80. I'm refilling about 1100 gallons a month and the grass on that side of the house is really green.
    15,000 gallon plaster pool with spa and water fall, 250 Pentair MiniMax Plus Heater
    Nautilus FNS FIberglass D.E. Filter 48 Sq ft, Leslie's DPD Complete Chlorine Kit + TFTestkits Chlorine & CCs Kit.
    Oak trees overhanging most of pool