Patching Techno Solis solar panels

I am not sure any glue really works on solar panels. Usually leaks in the small tubes are fixed by cutting the tube and then inserting a plug into the tube to seal it ... thus stopping water flow through that particular tube.

Here is a similar question, you can search the forum for others:
solar-panel-repair-t2534.html

That question you posted is for a different type of panel so it doesn't really apply.
jblizzle said:
I am not sure any glue really works on solar panels. Usually leaks in the small tubes are fixed by cutting the tube and then inserting a plug into the tube to seal it ... thus stopping water flow through that particular tube.

Here is a similar question, you can search the forum for others:
solar-panel-repair-t2534.html

Ah, I did not ready closely enough to see they were not mentioned until the end. That design looks like it is not easy to fix ... although the recommendation in that thread of plastic welding would still apply.

I too have Techno-Solis panels and if / when I get a leak I will try the plastic welding technique, I suspect this will work well since they have such beefy construction (they weigh close to twice as much as some similar sized panels).

Ike

I have 8 solar panels to heat my pool. Over the last year they have developed 5 leaks which I try to patch. I need to find a glue which is effective. Can anyone suggest one?
You can not repair Technosolis panels. However, they will supply you with a replacement panel. Contact them. I tried fixing a hole with a heat gun to try to weld it back together. No joy. Only other trick might be a rubber patch, like a tire patch, with polyproplene capable super glue. Good luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.