Reusing/Recyling/Disposing of a soft sided pool???

Sep 13, 2013
Hello,
New to this forum, didn't see topic in a quick search, sorry if redundant and this has been asked a million times.

I have a 13x17 Splash Superpool. Even though they are supposed to be bombproof, one of the seams split wide open. I contacted the company and they said it is not repairable, either with patch or glue. (Their warranty stinks! Even though it is for 20 years, it is pro-rated, which means they'll sell me a new pool for 15% off new price.)

So here's my question: What can you do with one of these dead pools. Seems a huge waste to plunk it in a landfill. Are there creative things to do with one if you cut it up? Even though the seam split, the material is still good. Is there a way to recycle them somewhere (I'm in NH near VT and MA borders)?

Thanks!

jblizzle said:
:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

I know I have seen where someone used an old liner as the "tarp" under a new liner. Maybe something like this is possible.

Thanks, jblizzle! :goodjob: Well, duh, why didn't I think of that. Cutting out the bottom would make for a bombproof liner for my next pool. Think I'll do that, unless someone else posts a more awesome creative idea.

Charlie_R said:
I've heard of people using them for slip & slide type playthings by cutting the bottom off the sidewall, and cutting the sidewall seam, giving them a long wide band of vinyl.

All right, Charlie_R! :goodjob: That would be a great use for the sidewall (especially since one of the seams is already split).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.